Wednesday, January 28, 2015

RELEASING THE PAST

As one of my greatest mentors, Tony Robbins, says, pain is a part of life, suffering is a choice..." 

Whether we're aware of it or not, 
we choose everything. 

There are universal laws, one of them is cause and effect. 

If I keep thinking about XYZ (thoughts=cause) I will experience some degree of turbulence (effect) in my life, don't you think?  

Let's assume that as a young child, I had been verbally abused by some of the closest people to me. 

If I don't overcome the trauma and as an adult choose to relive the experiences; constantly think, talk about what was said and done to me, what will my life be like? 

I am the one who's inflicting pain and suffering upon myself. I am subjecting myself to misery=suffering.  I say, no thank you! What's done is done, I cannot undo it. I choose life. I choose to be free and rid myself of all those, unpleasant "scenes" from my distant past. 

At the end of the day, what do we all really want? Is it not to love, be loved, and appreciated?  

We need to pay more attention to our overall state of being, and make it our priority to experience as much happiness as we can. 

All we want is to be happy and make others happy. 

That is what it's all about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment