Thursday, October 2, 2014

THE POWER OF REPENTANCE

You can change everything with the power of repentance.

So what is repentance?

It's not about how often we go to our place of worship, how many good deeds we do or how religious we are, but rather it is a spiritual-psychological process.

Repentance is the ability to look back on what was, to look at the pain and say to myself: 'That's not me, it does not belong to me any more ... "

God/universe gives us the power of blessing, so we can insert it into all the painful places within us.

Even if we did terrible things, it does not mean that they cannot be forgiven - no bad deed, no matter how awful it had been, can stand before the power of repentance.  

We are able to forgive ourselves when we realize we had made a mistake from a place of pain, darkness and confusion - because we were not balanced.

When we return to a balanced state, we can recognize but not identify with the bad feeling.

So why repent?

Because as long as I hold on to the pain instead of understanding why I made the mistake, and how can I make sure I will not repeat it, I will continue to suffer.

I make sure not to duplicate that same occurrence and continue forward with my life. 

I consciously choose not to focus on the bad, and instead I focus on what makes me feel good.

Repentance gives us the strength to transcend beyond the pain and move forward without looking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment