Wednesday, September 9, 2015

REALIZING MY PURPOSE

It was a typical hot, humid day in the summer of 2011 in Chicago. I travelled there from my home in south Florida to participate in an event held by a famous speaker. 

The speaker was up on stage taking a crowd of 5,000 people, me included, through a meditative process. 

The speaker's powerful voice, along with a soft background music reverberated throughout the halls. 

I was standing there in the dark, listening and taking in the powerful words; The speaker took us back in time, to our past hurtful events in order to be able to release ourselves from the pain we had once experienced. 

People around me were screaming and crying remembering their pain, while I too recalled my own pain. 

It was then when it hit me like a ton of bricks: "There's so much pain in this world ..."

It was as if there were wounded animals all around me, I could feel their sorrow penetrating me to my core level. 

I had already done a lot of work on myself, that's the reason as to why I believed I hadn't been as affected by this process as others were around me.

Suddenly, my body trembled uncontrollably, as the realization of my purpose became clear to me. 

"I want to help people overcome their pain, I want to make a difference."

I knew this is my calling. This is what I've been waiting for. 

I had made it my purpose in life to minimize the pain of others, to the best of my ability, using the professional skills I've acquired along with my personal experience and growth.  

My goal is to connect people back to their essence, to who they really are, so that they can live a more fulfilling and happier lives. 

We can all make the choice to not let our past interfere with the happiness we can create today, no matter what we have been through.

No comments:

Post a Comment