Thursday, September 18, 2014

BE HAPPY. BE YOURSELF.

I looked at this picture which was taken a year ago... (Not really...;).. And I become sad...

And no... Not because I had realized how much older I became.

Years ago, I wasn't very happy with who I was.

I didn't like my hair color or my eye color, so I colored my hair blonde and had purchased contact lenses.

I wanted to be someone else ...

Don't you think it's kind of disturbing? 

Why can't we just be happy with what God gave us?

Often times, the messages we receive from our environment makes us feel uncomfortable with who we are, so we feel compelled to change.

I believe that's what happens when we don't know ourselves well enough. 

We judge ourselves by what other people think or say to us, which more than often does not represent the truth.

If I could offer one piece of advice to a younger person it would be, just be yourself!

There will always be people who won't like you for any number of reasons, and that's perfectly ok!!

We can't live our lives by other people's standards!

We can't possibly make every person on the face of this earth like us!

Once I realized this undeniable fact, I took off the colored contact lenses, and returned back to my natural brunette self.

This is what it means to claim your right to be the creator of your own life!

And you know what?

I am good enough just as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment